1 a performance of a musical composition or a dramatic role etc.; "they heard a live rendition of three pieces by Schubert" [syn: rendering]
2 an explanation of something that is not immediately obvious; "the edict was subject to many interpretations"; "he annoyed us with his interpreting of parables"; "often imitations are extended to provide a more accurate rendition of the child's intended meaning" [syn: interpretation, interpreting, rendering]
3 the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance; "her rendition of Milton's verse was extraordinarily moving" [syn: rendering, interpretation]
- An interpretation of a musical score or a performance of a musical work.
- The surrender or handing-over of a person or thing, especially from one jurisdiction to another.
- rfc-sense POV The capture of political opponents or suspected terrorists by the United States government, and their removal to countries where the torture, and/or prisoner abuse are legally permitted or overlooked.
- In the context of "transitive": To surrender or hand over (a person or thing); especially, for one jurisdiction to do so to another.
- rfc-sense POV In the context of "transitive|US": To make political opponents or suspected terrorists invisible to the public and outside of judicial review, often with implications that they are subsequently tortured.
Rendition may refer to:
alphabet, art, blueprint, cameo, cantando, catalog, cataloging, character, character sketch, charactering, characterization, chart, choreography, composite reading, concentration, concept, conception, conflation, construction, conventional representation, critical edition, dance notation, decoction, delineation, demilegato, demonstration, depiction, depictment, description, details, diagram, diplomatic text, distillation, drama, drawing, edited text, edition, evocation, execution, exemplification, expression, extradition, figuration, fingering, giving back, glissando, graphic account, hieroglyphic, iconography, ideogram, illustration, image, imagery, imaging, impression, infusion, interpretation, intonation, itemization, lection, legato, letter, limning, logogram, logograph, map, mezzo staccato, music-making, musical notation, normalized text, notation, parlando, particularization, performance, photograph, pianism, pictogram, picture, picturization, pizzicato, plan, portrait, portraiture, portrayal, prefigurement, presentment, pressing, printing, profile, projection, reading, realization, recommitment, reddition, remand, remandment, remitter, rendering, repatriation, repercussion, representation, restitution, restoration, restoring, return, rubato, schema, scholarly edition, score, script, sending back, sketch, slur, soaking, specification, spiccato, squeezing, staccato, steeping, syllabary, symbol, tablature, text, touch, understanding, variant, version, vignette, vivid description, word painting, writing